OFN's core mission is to align capital with social, economic, and political justice. We seek qualified candidates committed to this mission and to upholding OFN's standards for excellence. OFN is currently hiring for the following staff positions. Internships are also available - click the link at right.
If we don't currently have an open position in your area, you may submit a Resume.
President/Chief Executive Officer
The President/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of OFN leads and directs the organization to maximize its effectiveness in providing real and substantial value to its Members and positive impact upon underserved communities around the country.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Leadership—A skilled communicator, the CEO will be equally comfortable inspiring the OFN staff and a truly diverse national membership to achieve their shared vision. The CEO must be an equally adept influencer given the important role of funders, investors, and policymakers to work of members. They will understand and appreciate the geographic diversity and differences in capital needs and opportunities inherent in a national membership organization.
- Vision & Strategy—An entrepreneurial pragmatist, the CEO must present a strategic roadmap that outlines to the membership how the CEO will advance the vision of OFN for the industry.
- Advocacy—Works extensively with elected officials at the national, state and local level to develop policies that advance the CDFI industry.
- Community and Public Relations—Assures the organization and its mission, programs, products, and services are consistently presented to convey a strong, positive industry image to relevant stakeholders. • Outreach/Collaboration—Partners with government, corporations, foundations, banks, and other opportunity investors to drive change and provide opportunity in disinvested communities.
- Governance—With the chair and other officers, leads, enables and supports the Board of Directors in its governance responsibilities.
- Program, Product and Service Delivery—Oversees all aspects of OFN products and services, including structure, process, delivery, and quality to a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Financial, Tax, Risk, and Facilities Management—Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages organization's resources to achieve priorities. The CEO will have fiscal responsibility for an annual operating budget of $15 million, and Total Assets of $140 million, plus off-balance sheet assets of another $500 million.
- OFN Team—Recruits, builds, and directs effective teams of professionals to advance the mission of OFN. The CEO leads a staff of 42 committed and highly skilled professionals in offices in Philadelphia and Washington, DC.
The ideal candidate will have at least seven years of experience as a CEO or in a very senior leadership position in a diverse membership organization or another highly complex organization with a diversity of stakeholders. The CEO will bring extensive experience and demonstrated success across multiple dimensions including: political and governmental affairs; public relations; financial management; and personnel management. Experience within the finance industry is strongly preferred.
The CEO will additionally have demonstrated decisive management abilities, have exceptional oral and written communication skills, will be well-organized, and possess strong business ethics.
The successful candidate will also have a demonstrated commitment to working with underserved communities.
Other important areas of focus will be:
- Seamless leadership transition to ensure continued service to members, focus on priorities, and sound fiscal management. Must be a collaborative leader who is inclusive of diverse viewpoints throughout their decision making process.
- Carrying out a broad mission and vision that incorporates and unifies the diverse OFN membership. Driving partnerships across a broad swath of organizations to move OFN’s membership forward – a true connector that can innovate with external stakeholders.
- Creatively tapping into greater streams of capital both private (impact investors, social enterprise, family offices, etc.) and public for OFN’s Members to further the mission of providing affordable financing to all.
- Development of sound relationships with key constituencies including the board, leaders from CDFIs of all sizes, and key federal and state stakeholders.
- Successful management of OFN staff, ensuring a positive working environment and cohesiveness around operational goals and objectives.
- Implementation of an aggressive strategy to enhance the industry’s public image and advance political and policy objectives.
- Enhancing brand awareness of OFN’s mission to the public more broadly, embarking on a campaign to brand OFN as a critical part of creating a more equitable and inclusive financial market. And, ensuring the marketing strategies promote OFN’s ability to raise additional funds.
- Effective representation of the OFN before all key government bodies, the media, and the public on priority issues.
- Development and execution of a Member adopted strategy, with agreement on a shared vision and an outline of the priority issues OFN wishes to tackle.
- Successful leadership of all OFN activities and key events.
- Execution of a formal budget review and three-year forecast. And, to the extent needed, successful implementation of appropriate budget modifications with Board collaboration and approval. Very fiscally strong, and a good steward of resources.
Interested parties should submit their resume here.
Each summer OFN offers several internships across the organization. Our program is designed to give interns work experience in their field of interest. It also introduces them to the opportunity finance industry and the transformative work CDFIs do in low-income communities across the country.
Available Summer 2017 Internships
There are currently 3 internships available for Summer 2017:
- Public Policy & Government Relations Internship (D.C. Office)
- Financial Data Analysis Internship in our Knowledge Sharing Team
- Content Writer and Blog Internship