Since 1979 we have empowered small business owners in the Bay Area, beginning in Oakland and expanding to serve the nine Bay Area counties. Through our core services we help small businesses EXPAND in size, INCREASE their profits, and REACH their goals. We are honored to work with successful, innovative, and community-oriented entrepreneurs. We believe in the power of entrepreneurship to transform lives and communities. In the last 10 years we closed 500 loans that totaled more than $29,000,000. Our borrowers have created thousands of new jobs in the Bay Area.
Benefits We Offer
We offer competitive salaries
Health, dental and vision benefits, on day one
Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
The AVP, Relationship Manager will report directly to the Senior Vice President, San Francisco Market and acts as the organization’s point of contact for all San Francisco small businesses looking to apply or inquiry about access to Main Street Launch’s microloan program. This role is responsible for developing new business and financing activities, including intake, underwriting, structuring, closing and monitoring of loans.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to helping small business owners succeed and has a passion for the mission of Main Street Launch;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the organization;
- Good people skills with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team;
- Entrepreneurial approach to lending, developing a line of business, and furthering economic development;
- Superior interpersonal skills, ability to work constructively and interact with diverse constituents;
- Strong financial skills, including analysis of profit & loss statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements;
- Demonstrated knowledge in financial management and accounting, budgeting and forecasting;
- Superb attention to detail;
- Strong abilities in time management and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced setting;
- Self-starter who can work with minimal supervision and be comfortable in an evolving, dynamic nonprofit environment;
- Ability to work with diverse groups, including community-based organizations, public agencies, small businesses, and financial institutions;
- The work environment characteristics and physical effort described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a wide range of small business locations and constituents in the assigned geographical area approximately 50% of the time and 50% in an office setting in San Francisco and Oakland. Work assignments are diversified and may cause stress in meeting tight deadlines with scheduling requirements. The physical requirements of the job are for employees to talk, hear, bend/stoop, sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day. Furthermore, the job requires employees to lift/carry/push or pull up to 25 pounds with or without assistance.
Main Street Launch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth or medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth), gender identity or expression, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, marital status, veteran status, military status, sexual orientation, or any other factor determined to be an unlawful basis for such decisions by federal, state, or local statutes.
Main Street Launch will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- Support Main Street Launch’s strong community relationship culture through on-going customer contact, quality customer service and superior product knowledge;
- Source, develop, package, analyze, and underwrite microloan financing requests for new and existing customers in the San Francisco Market;
- Provide Technical Assistance to prospects who may need additional resources before applying:
- Working with leads and internal resources on financial projections, business plan, and strategies for utilizing start-up or expansion capital;
- Collect and enter all required data on the entrepreneur and small business into Salesforce in a timely manner;
- Work with Senior VP, Relationship Manager as liaisons to San Francisco city staff; in building stakeholder relationships; in increasing deal flow and presence; and in attending panels and events;
- Spend the majority of time in the 25 Invest in Neighborhood corridors, increasing awareness of Main Street’s microloan program and developing relationships;
- Researching and understanding partners and competitors services and capacity to properly refer clients who need external assistance;
- Answer questions regarding various Main Street Launch loan programs (small business, micro, and special programs).
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university, with concentration in Business, Accounting or Finance preferred;
- Conversational language abilities in Cantonese and Mandarin, strongly preferred;
- San Francisco resident, strongly preferred;
- Strong financial, market, quantitative, and qualitative analysis experience, required;
- Salesforce or CRM, MS Office Excel/Word/Power Point experience, required;
- Passionate about entrepreneurship, small businesses, and economic development, required.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates must submit a resume and cover letter highlighting their relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SF Relationship Manager” in the email subject line.