Thank you for helping make OFN’s 29th Conference an unqualified success! We look forward to leveraging the momentum gained in Philadelphia as we strive to align capital with justice and pursue our Opportunity Revolution. Enjoy the Conference videos featured on this page, read a transcript of Mark Pinsky's State of the Industry speech, or view the highlights you'll find in the tab on the right. Let them serve as a reminder of why we do what we do: because we believe in opportunity. For all.
With more than 1,200 attendees and 80 breakout and networking sessions, OFN’s 2013 Conference brimmed with ideas, opportunities, professional networking, and fun.
The highlights included OFN President and CEO Mark Pinsky’s State of the Industry speech (watch or read it now). In it, he invited all attendees—and everyone who is part of the opportunity finance industry—to declare an Opportunity Revolution that aims to make responsible and affordable financial products and services available to all low-income, low-wealth, and other disadvantaged people and communities.
- "Only CDFIs can lead this revolution….We are
- united in our belief in aligning capital with justice,
- and we believe that justice for all begins with
- opportunity. For all. Many CDFIs, one purpose."
Mark called on us to support the Opportunity Revolution in four ways:
- Join OFN in Washington D.C. on May 21, 2014 for OFN’s CDFI Advocacy Day.
- Help OFN and your peers develop new capital strategies that meet the needs of all CDFIs. Give us your ideas and participate in our Special Forum on CDFI Capital Strategies in early 2014 in Washington, D.C.
- Leverage Opportunity. For All., the fresh, bold new expression of the opportunity finance brand. Opportunity. For All. is not about OFN. It is about our Members and the opportunity finance industry. Our new brand marketing tools—including a breakthrough new video—can help you reach a broader audience.
- Be brutally honest about what CDFIs are doing and why we are doing it. CDFIs bend the moral arc of the universe toward justice: We align capital with justice. We don’t align justice with capital.
- In our opening plenary discussion on The Bond and Beyond: Expanding the Capital Marketplace for All CDFIs, Jeremy Nowak, Randy Rice, Bill Bynum, and Cathy Dolan gave us their ideas, responded to your questions, and kicked off the year-long capital strategies discussion OFN will lead.
- Ron Phillips, President and CEO of CEI, received the prestigious Ned Gramlich Award for Responsible Finance for his long history of creating opportunities for disadvantaged people in Maine.
- We heard from the three NEXT Opportunity Award winners—Housing Partnership Network, NCB Capital Impact, and Opportunity Fund—and honored Freedom First Federal Credit Union with a NEXT Seed Capital Award.
- At the Native CDFI Awards ceremony, the Northwest Native Development Fund received the Circle of Honor Award and Gerald Sherman of the Indian Land Capital Company received the Visionary Leader Award for Outstanding Achievement.
- Carlos Graupera, founder and President of the Spanish American Civic Association, this year’s OFN Conference Justice Grantee, spoke about his motivation and SACA’s work in promoting justice in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
- We made important announcements about new resources and opportunities for CDFIs—the CDFI Coverage Map, CDFI Connect, the new Citi Leadership Program for Opportunity Finance, and the new Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses CDFI Financing Collaborative.
Looking for that handout to the session you attended? Want to view the slides for sessions you missed? OFN.org’s Resource Library has a section that includes all the available session materials from the OFN Conference.
When you click through on the link above, you will see that the materials are sorted by date; just scroll through to find the one you need. For a reminder of when sessions occurred, refer to the event’s At-a-Glance.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
OFN extends our sincere thanks to the 2013 Conference Sponsors. We could not have had such a successful event without their generous support.
BBVA Compass / CARS Inc. / Chase / Dun & Bradstreet Credibility Corp / Equifax / Federal Home Loan Banks / FUND Consulting / Morgan Stanley / TD Bank
BB&T / Charles Schwab Bank / CNT Energy / CohnReznick LLC / Deutsche Bank / Garfield Group / HSBC Bank USA, N.A. / McGladrey LLP / MKJ Creative / NeighborWorks America / Novogradac & Company LLP / Prudent Lenders, LLC / Sovereign Bank / UBS Bank USA
Center for Financial Services Innovation (CFSI) / Citizens Bank / Community Reinvestment Fund, USA / Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP / Greenline Ventures / Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC) / Nortridge Software Company / Ohio Capital Corporation for Housing / Oppenheimer Multifamily Housing & Healthcare Finance / PIDC/Portfol / PolicyMap / The Community Development Trust
Bridgeway Capital / Community First Fund / Cooperative Business Assistance Corporation / Economic Opportunities Fund / Enterprise Development Fund / Entrepreneur Works / FINANTA / First State Community Loan Fund / NCALL Research Inc. / New Jersey Community Capital / Northside Community Development Fund / PIDC-RDC / Rising Tide Community Loan Fund / The Intersect Fund / The Progress Fund / The Reinvestment Fund
Save the Date: 2014
October 14-17, Denver
Mark your 2014 calendars and join us in Denver for our milestone 30th anniversary Conference!
Reserve your slot now to be a part of the CDFI industry’s premier event! OFN will be adjusting rates beginning in January 2014. Lock in 2013 rates by pledging your support today. The Opportunity Finance Network Conference provides Conference Sponsors with an unparalleled platform to connect with CDFIs, increase awareness of their organizations’ work, and support and strengthen the opportunity finance industry.
Download our 2014 Conference Sponsorship brochure for more details.