Next Street is hosting an interview series with CDFI leaders to answer the following questions (among others):
- Have CDFIs become too “bank-like” in their investing to fulfill their mission?
- What is the role of CDFIs in driving holistic cross-sector integration to lift up people and places?
- How do you measure the impact of your work, and how does that inform decision-making?
- What innovation is needed in the CDFI industry?
- How do you create economies of scale while responding to the needs of local markets?
- How is the funding environment changing and how can you access capital markets and impact investing to achieve greater scale?
In the series, you can expect to hear from:
- Ellis Carr, President and Chief Executive Officer, Capital Impact Partners
- Maurice Jones, President and Chief Executive Officer, Local Initiatives Support Corporation
- Adam Zimmerman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Craft3
- Joe Neri, President and Chief Executive Officer, IFF
- Elyse Cherry, Chief Executive Officer, Boston Community Capital
- Luz Urrutia, Chief Executive Officer, Opportunity Fund
- Betsy Biemann, Chief Executive Officer, Coastal Enterprises, Inc.
- Frank Altman, Chief Executive Officer, Community Reinvestment Fund, USA
Several interviews are already complete with the rest coming soon.