There is something about a fresh calendar and new year that opens a world of possibilities. OFN provides many ways for you to engage in the ongoing national discussion about the importance of CDFIs, and this year is no exception. Join with us in 2017 to learn best practices, and help unify our industry voice for maximum impact. Here is a roundup of opportunities to note as we kick off the year!
Collaborate with us to increase our capacity as an industry to impact more communities:
- Share your voice by joining OFN Member-only Staying Connected Calls. These calls take place throughout the year as an opportunity to learn the latest information about our OFN programs and policy priorities, and provide us with your insights.
- Participate in our advocacy efforts by adding your signature to comment letters, and using our tools to advocate for CDFI Funding with your policymakers
- Submit your data and information to our CDFI Coverage Map and update your Member Profile to help us demonstrate CDFI impact across the country
- Partner with us by sponsoring and exhibiting at our signature events, or engage in our consulting services
- Join our network as an individual or an organization
Connect with us at signature events and training opportunities:
- Fundamentals in the Opportunity Finance Industry, March 14-16 in Durham, NC: Designed for practitioners looking to expand their knowledge in the basics of the opportunity finance industry, these three-day sessions are ideal for new entrants into the field
- Advocacy Day, May 16-17 in Washington, DC: connect with members of Congress and their staff to hear directly from our network about the impact CDFIs create by increasing access to capital in rural, urban, and Native communities across the nation.
- Small Business Finance Forum, June 14-16 in Chicago: CDFIs and other mission-driven lenders connect annually for this day and a half event, that provides best practices, targeted sessions, and peer learning opportunities centered around small business lending.
- OFN Conference, November 14-17 in Washington, DC: Expect the highest quality, practitioner-driven curriculum available in the industry. Connect with more than 1,200 CDFIs, funders, investors, and policymakers.
- Regional Meetings: These quarterly, day-long events connect OFN Members and Allies, non-Member CDFIs, banks, foundations, and others participate in peer exchange and training designed around their specific region of the U.S.
Communicate with OFN on our blog and through social media:
- Share your latest news and see it featured in the OFN Newswire on the blog and the digest.
- Submit original content as a guest blogger for the OFN Blog
- Subscribe to our bi-monthly digest to gain access to all the latest CDFI industry news.
- Submit your success stories to see them featured across OFN properties
And so much more. Stay tuned as we develop more ways for you to help us grow as an organization and as an industry.