As the Senate considers further legislation in response to the COVID-19 pandemic and resulting economic fall out, OFN partner the CDFI Coalition is kicking off a “Week of Action” on June 8 to increase resources for CDFIs in federal legislation related to COVID-19. The Coalition aims to help raise awareness about the important role CDFIs play in economic revitalization and why providing $1 billion in funding is a smart and necessary investment.
Here are a few ways you can participate:
- Email this letter signed by 500 mission-driven lenders to your Members of Congress and ask them to support $1 billion for the CDFI Fund.
- Ask your Members of Congress and the Administration to invest in CDFIs by tagging them on social media and sharing links to success stories. See GovTrack.us for links to the websites and social media accounts of Members of Congress or check out OFN’s Policy Action Center.
- Reach out to local reporters covering topics related to your work and share what you are doing to help—be sure to include the CDFI fact sheet and link to the organization sign-on listed in the Resources below.
- Participate on Facebook and Twitter. Post on social media about why $1 billion is key and link to the organization and Senate sign-on letters below. Use the hashtags #HEROESAct, #CDFIsInvest, #COVID19, and #KeepCDFIsStrong.
- CDFI Coalition will be sharing posts on its blog throughout the week that you can also share.
- Fact sheet on HEROES Act Proposal for $1 Billion for CDFIs
- Letter: 500 Mission-Driven Lenders Call on Congress to Support CDFI Fund
- 37 Senators Call for $1 billion in CDFI Fund Appropriations
- State Fact Sheets
- Talking Points and Facts on CDFIs
- CDFI Coalition Report 25th Anniversary Report
- CDFI Coalition Infographics
Learn more ways you can participate in the CDFI Coalition’s Week of Action.