The global pandemic, combined with the climate crisis, the increasing spotlight on racial injustice, and the widening wealth gap, have confirmed that we are far from realizing holistic, equitable resilience in finance. How can we, community development practitioners, work together for a world in which communities are socially, economically, and environmentally safe and healthy and where all people are able to reach their full potential, supported by equal access to responsible capital?
On Wednesday, June 30, OFN will host our first CONNECT+ Forum: Building Equitable Resilience. This free, half-day virtual event is designed for practitioners, investors, funders, and other stakeholders who are interested in expanding their knowledge of resilient community development finance, engaging with peers, and discussing opportunities, strategies, and common challenges.
The event will feature six interactive breakout sessions and two plenaries led by a diverse range of industry experts and distinguished speakers, including:
Opening Plenary: Building Equitable Resilience – 1:00 pm ET
- Stewart Sarkozy-Banoczy, Precovery Labs; Resilient Cities Network (Moderator)
- Inez Long, BBIF Florida
- Brian Strong, Office of Resilience and Capital Planning, San Francisco; San Francisco Community Investment Fund
- Michael Johnson, NDN Collective
Closing Plenary: Building Equitable Resilience−Policy Context and Moving Forward – 4:40 pm ET
- Mary Scott Hardwick, Public Policy, OFN (Moderator)
- Michael Swack, Center for Impact Finance, University of New Hampshire
- Ron Harris, Resilience Office, City of Minneapolis
Breakout session topics will include:
- Ensuring Equitable, Resilient Housing
- Building Small Business Lending through Holistic Resilience
- Racial Equity, Revitalization through Resilience
- Clean Energy Finance through a Resilience Lens
- Vulnerable Populations: Resilience Lessons from the Pandemic
- Building Equitable, Sustainable, and Resilient Rural Communities
Visit the event registration page to learn more and sign up. Registration is complimentary!