Opportunity Finance Network (OFN) is a leading national network of CDFIs (community development financial institutions) headquartered in Washington D.C. In pursuit of our mission to align capital with social, economic, and political justice, OFN supports its 270+ member CDFIs with money, strength, and voice to drive transformational change in underserved rural, urban, and Native communities nationwide.
OFN builds the strength of its membership and other CDFIs through financial products and services, events, training, research, policy advocacy, and visibility. CDFIs deliver responsible, affordable finance to markets that mainstream banks do not serve.
Are you an industry organization that's hiring? Submit a job in the opportunity finance industry.
Jobs @OFN: Join our team! We offer an opportunity to connect your talents to a career in social, economic, and political justice. See the tab for current openings.
Industry Job Bank: Find a career with a mission-driven lender anywhere in the U.S. Search available entry-level to executive-level careers.
Current OFN Openings
OFN's core mission is to align capital with social, economic, and political justice. We seek qualified candidates committed to this mission and to upholding OFN's standards for excellence. We work together with our members and partners to bring creative and transformative finance to the communities we serve.
Open positions are listed below. If we don't currently have an open position in your area, you may submit a Resume.
Click here to apply for an open position.
Position Summary and Essential Functions
The Events Coordinator will work with the EVP, Membership and the EVP, Knowledge Sharing in coordinating, planning, and executing OFN’s events. Specifically, this position coordinates and organizes event logistics to ensure successful Annual Conferences, Small Business Finance Forums, regional meetings, advocacy days, webinars, trainings, and other meetings and events as necessary.
Plan and coordinate events (both in-person and virtual) in conjunction with the EVP, Membership and EVP, Knowledge Sharing.
Anticipate event needs, manage event planning calendar and scheduling, discern work priorities, monitor event timelines ensuring deadlines are met.
Lead the call for sessions process: update and send invitation, organize responses, recruit reviewers, prepare ranking sheets, organize reviewer responses.
Manage event registration: update web site content, track comp codes, handle all registration inquiries, provide registration information to Meeting Planner in a readily usable form and on a timely basis, conduct on-site registration and manage attendee issues.
Manage Conference breakout session presenters: communicate key dates, gather speaker needs, handle inquiries, communicate needs to Meeting Planner.
Manage internal and external requests for meeting space at conference hotel: create request forms, communicate with those making requests, and coordinate approved requests with Meeting Planner for space assignment.
Maintain inventory of event-related items (e.g., name badges, lanyards, binders), prepare meeting materials such as agendas and name badges, ensure training binders are properly assembled, and ensure materials are shipped to event location on time.
Lead attendee evaluation process for all events. Prepare summary reports for staff and Board.
Bachelor’s degree or 5-7 years of work experience in lieu of a degree.
1-3 years of professional experience in event or project management.
Professional event planning experience of events up to 1,500 people
A strong passion for, understanding of, and commitment to OFN’s mission, vision and values. Familiarity with the CDFI industry strongly preferred where one can be a fearless advocate, who is confident and resilient in OFN’s fight to drive capital into low-income communities.
Experience drafting original audience specific communications for management review and publication required.
Must be proficient with MS Office Suite products.
Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills with a keen eye for detail.
A collaborative team player who possess good interpersonal skills to work across all levels of the organization, humility, and a willingness to learn in all areas of our work.
Smart, quick seeker of knowledge with the ability to think strategically, and creatively with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with ease and efficiency under minimal supervision.
Ability to work constructively with a diverse audience.
Light to moderate travel required (5-10% of time).
No extraordinary physical requirements beyond ability to travel.
Member Engagement Associate
Position Summary and Essential Functions:
The Member Engagement Associate will drive the adoption and engagement in OFN’s online community – CDFI Connect. Our ideal candidate will be a relationship builder, have familiarity with the CDFI industry, understand the potential of a robust online community, and able to develop engaging content and build relationships with OFN members.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Drive adoption and engagement in OFN’s online community – CDFI Connect-- coordinating with managers and stakeholders across the organization to ensure its effectiveness and providing superior quality of customer service and support to members.
- Oversee all technical aspects of the online community, including working with vendor (Higher Logic) to address, resolve, and communicate issues related to the features and functionality of the platform.
- Develop community-wide communications and engagement strategy and content programming plan.
- Engage with the CDFI Connect community by programming posts that will drive conversation, connect members with shared interests, identify and recognize top contributors.
- Ensure that the user experience on CDFI Connect is simple, clear, and engaging.
- Work closely with colleagues in program management business lines to develop tactical plans to build and support community among their constituents.
- Monitor discussions, resource postings, and trends within CDFI Connect.
- Identify and report trends in usage and advise on potential opportunities.
- Create, develop, and maintain community training resources, guidelines and policies.
- Train OFN staff on how to participate and engage in the community.
- Grow the size and impact of CDFI Connect.
- Bachelor’s degree. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, 5-7 years of direct professional communications experience.
- 3-5 years of professional communications experience preferably within a national membership association or developing and growing large-scale online communities.
- Experience working with digital platforms and website content management systems.
- Experience working with professional social media, email marketing and management software experience.
- Exceptional communication skills in public and private settings both in presentation and written formats.
- Ability to think strategically, creatively, and tactically to analyze results and assist in implementing plans.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate across all levels and departments of the organization.
- Ability to assist with online publishing and ability to assist senior staff with adapting content for social media, blog posts, and forums as well as a diverse audience.
- Strong project planning skills, keen attention to details, and ability to manage multiple projects with ease.
- Ability to set priorities and follow through on challenging situations with a supervisor, and effectively manage time under moderate supervision.
- A strong appreciation for, understanding of, and commitment to OFN’s mission, vision and values. Familiarity with the CDFI industry strongly preferred.
- Light to moderate travel required (5-15% of time).
- No extraordinary physical requirements beyond ability to travel.
- Knowledge of Higher Logic community platform a plus.
Working at OFN
People who work at OFN come from a variety of professional and academic backgrounds. Be a part of our growing, diverse, highly committed, skilled and collaborative staff who are guided by the following values:
- Passion for the mission and true believer in our core purpose
- Courage to be a fearless advocate who is confident and resilient in our fight to drive capital into low-income communities
- Smart, quick seekers of knowledge who thrive on creating and developing new strategies, products, and programs for increasing capital to communities we serve
- Desire to be a collaborative team player who possesses humility and a willingness to lean in all areas of our work
We are mission-driven and inspired to work hard. We collaborate with our members and partners, innovate, and remain committed to the idea that access to responsible, affordable finance is key to seeing lasting transformation in communities in all 50 states. We encourage optimism. We believe in healthy communication. We hold each other accountable and try to do our best in everything we do. We dream big. Coffee, chocolate, and the occasional baseball game or field trip always help.
Perks and Benefits
Our generous benefits package includes healthcare and dental, as well as a flexible spending account, dependent care account, employer-paid life insurance, and short and long-term disability. Our Paid Time Off benefit is flexible — allowing you to customize your time away from work as you wish. We’ve also got a 403(b) program with an employer contribution. We’ll tell you more about these and all our additional benefits during the interview process.
Get to Know Us