Opportunity Finance Network (OFN) is a leading national network of CDFIs (community development financial institutions) headquartered in Washington D.C. In pursuit of our mission to align capital with social, economic, and political justice, OFN supports its 270+ member CDFIs with money, strength, and voice to drive transformational change in underserved rural, urban, and Native communities nationwide.
OFN builds the strength of its membership and other CDFIs through financial products and services, events, training, research, policy advocacy, and visibility. CDFIs deliver responsible, affordable finance to markets that mainstream banks do not serve.
Are you an industry organization that's hiring? Submit a job in the opportunity finance industry.
Jobs @OFN: Join our team! We offer an opportunity to connect your talents to a career in social, economic, and political justice. See the tab for current openings.
Industry Job Bank: Find a career with a mission-driven lender anywhere in the U.S. Search available entry-level to executive-level careers.
Current OFN Openings
OFN's core mission is to align capital with social, economic, and political justice. We seek qualified candidates committed to this mission and to upholding OFN's standards for excellence. We work together with our members and partners to bring creative and transformative finance to the communities we serve.
Open positions are listed below. If we don't currently have an open position in your area, you may submit a Resume.
Click here to apply for an open position.
Position Summary and Essential Functions:
The Associate, Development works in close collaboration with the Development Team and with other OFN staff to support and leverage strong relationships with new and existing philanthropic, bank and corporate funders and impact investors.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
Support Development team in grant proposal development and submissions process.
Produce quality written assignments that culminate in concept papers, funding proposals, and other communication to funders/investors.
Prepare and organize materials for grant proposals; submit and monitor grant applications.
Execute and coordinate related department external correspondence and ensure acknowledgment of funders/investors in OFN’s external communications
Support grant compliance including coordination of funder and investor reporting, tracking deliverables and monitoring grant budgets with high standards of effectiveness, timeliness, and completeness.
Manage the timely completion and submission of all funder and investor reports.
Monitor and maintain the funder and investor reporting schedules and requirements, including records on enterprise-wide CRM (Salesforce) platform.
Draft compelling progress and final reports to funders that fully capture programmatic success, collaborating with OFN staff across business lines.
Participate in and assist in coordinating meetings and conference calls with funders/investors.
Collaborate with the SVP, Development to coordinate the systems, data, and research that drive funder/investor relationship planning and execution, including contact information, communications logs, pipeline, etc. using Salesforce.
Contribute to the team’s planning and strategy development with quality research and analysis from external and internal sources to provide synthesized, thoughtful research that feeds funder prospecting and concept papers.
Support OFN’s sponsorship activities, assisting in the relationship management and logistical planning for the OFN Conference and other sector events as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or 5-7 years work experience in lieu of a degree; graduate degree a plus
1-3 years experience in fundraising, grant writing, and/or grants management required
Demonstrated formal writing experience required; preferably analytical or persuasive in nature.
Experience working with CRM databases is highly beneficial; experience with Salesforce a plus
A strong passion for, understanding of, and commitment to OFN’s mission, vision and values. Familiarity with the CDFI industry strongly preferred where one can be a fearless advocate, who is confident and resilient in OFN’s fight to drive capital into low-income communities.
Excellent customer service, collaboration, and relationship management skills, with internal and external partners. Ability to collaborate with other teams within OFN.
Must possess strong analytical and persuasive writing skills as well as superior editing skills, including ability to convey complex information in a clear manner to diverse audiences with a high attention to detail required.
Self-motivated with the ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines concurrently, and at times, under pressure without sacrificing quality. Must be able to work under minimal supervision in an effective and efficient manner in a fluid environment.
Smart, quick seeker of knowledge with the ability to think strategically, creatively, and tactically to analyze results and serve as an adaptable problem-solver.
Strong work ethic, a high level of integrity, ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all work, and a commitment to organizational success.
Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Moderate travel required (<15% of time).
Job involves normal physical requirements for an office position.
Program Officer, Financial Services
Position Summary and Essential Functions
The Program Officer, with support from senior Financial Services staff, coordinates the servicing and administration of the Bond Guarantee Program at OFN. Primary job responsibilities entail relationship management with both the borrowers and the CDFI Fund Bond Guarantee Program staff, borrower credit reviews, supervising timely delivery of borrower reporting, loan covenant compliance, and other operational and administrative duties. The position is responsible for coordinating timely delivery of borrower responses, reviewing and editing loan requests, reviewing and editing borrower reports, Other duties include analytical support of loan underwritings, performing annual borrower reviews, and financial statement analysis.
- Coordinate the CDFI Bond application process including supervising the timely and accurate delivery of borrower reporting requirements and loan requests.
- Review and edit borrower loan requests to adhere to specific framework; work with financial services staff to troubleshoot issues.
- Coordinate loan covenant compliance, including supervising financial statement collection, verifying compliance with loan agreement, and coordinating resolution of any covenant violations.
- Spread borrowers’ financial statements into template and complete accuracy checks.
- Analyze and prepare annual loan portfolio reviews of Bond Guarantee Program borrowers.
- Oversee third-party annual credit reviews of borrowers.
- Coordinate ongoing compliance reporting, including monthly secondary loan reviews, quarterly financial statements and compliance checks, annual compliance submissions, and other intermittent reporting requirements.
- Manage the timely processing of intermittent requisition packages from borrowers.
- Draft and update written procedures for program administration.
- Oversee maintenance of accurate, complete and up-to-date data files and records
- Provide quality customer service at all points of contact with OFN borrowers and prospects as well as answer questions and advise customers regarding loans and transactions with OFN borrowers and prospects.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5-7 years of work experience in lieu of a degree
- 1-3 years of experience working with Federal, state or municipal government programs, in delivering government contracted non-profit programs, or consulting organizations participating in government sponsored type of programs required.
- 1-3 years of experience in financial statement analysis highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required with emphasis on clarity, conciseness and relevance
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work constructively with diverse constituents is required
- Ability to assist multiple parties through complex reporting requirements
- Ability to analyze non-profit financial institutions’ financial statements required
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks under moderate supervision in and effective and efficient manner required
- Ability to work independently or in team environment as required
- Experience or knowledge of the CDFI Industry a plus
- Experience or volunteer work in nonprofit or small office environment a plus
- Job involves normal physical requirements for an office position.
- Some travel required (15% of time)
Supervisor: SVP, Financial Services (Bond)
FLSA Status: Exempt
Interested Candidates Apply: https://theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=OF153
Investment Associate, Business Development
Position Summary and Essential Functions:
Reporting to the Chief Lending and Investment Officer (CLIO), the Investment Associate position provides project level support for the design and development of capital strategies and products. The Investment Associate leads or supports interdepartmental projects utilizing a collaborate design approach that leverages the organization’s full capacity. The position supports the outreach and development of relationships with OFN’s CDFI members, allies and investors in OFN. As a member of the Financial Services team, the Investment Associate also maintains underwriting and portfolio management responsibilities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Lead cross-departmental customer focused design processes to develop effective new products and programs that increase CDFIs’ financing and development services both nationally and in target markets. Coordinate across departments; engage end-users and other key stakeholders.
Document and synthesize research outcomes to develop recommendations for financial product or service offerings. Work with the Knowledge Sharing team to determine if there are training or technical assistance opportunities that arise from the recommendations. Work with CLIO and Senior Vice President of Financial Services to integrate these recommendations into Financial Services Business strategy.
Assist CLIO and the Treasurer to determine key investor OFN Investment targets.
Prepare and review materials used for investor outreach including financial models, investment proposal memoranda, management presentations and investor presentation materials.
Develop relationships with new and existing CDFIs to identify new trends and sector opportunities.
Prepare and present credit and financial risk analyses reports to OFN senior leadership and respective investment committees.
Analyze CDFIs’ financial statements, loan portfolios, lending and investment policies and procedures, and strategies to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit, as well as recommend risk mitigation strategies.
Bachelor’s Degree or 7-10 years of direct work experience in lieu of degree.
3-5 years professional experience in financial services, strategic consulting or community development finance preferred, including experience in financial advisory, investment management or product development.
Ability to distill problems/opportunities into understandable actionable strategies.
Demonstrated experience writing and presenting detailed investment recommendations with emphasis on clarity, conciseness, and relevance.
Solid understanding of accounting principles with ability to apply knowledge to assessing risk and performing financial underwriting.
Demonstrated leadership ability with superior interpersonal skills and ability to work well with diverse constituents.
Superior organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently under minimal supervision as well as ability to set priorities and meet deadlines under pressure without sacrificing quality.
Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and financial modeling skills.
Commitment to community and economic development.
Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with teams across OFN.
Some travel required (25% of time).
Online Community Coordinator
Position Summary and Essential Functions:
The Online Community Coordinator will drive the adoption and engagement in OFN’s online community – CDFI Connect. Our ideal candidate will be a relationship builder, have familiarity with the CDFI industry, understand the potential of a robust online community, and able to develop engaging content and build relationships with OFN members.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Drive adoption and engagement in OFN’s online community – CDFI Connect-- coordinating with managers and stakeholders across the organization to ensure its effectiveness and providing superior quality of customer service and support to members.
- Oversee all technical aspects of the online community, including working with vendor (Higher Logic) to address, resolve, and communicate issues related to the features and functionality of the platform.
- Develop community-wide communications and engagement strategy and content programming plan.
- Engage with the CDFI Connect community by programming posts that will drive conversation, connect members with shared interests, identify and recognize top contributors.
- Ensure that the user experience on CDFI Connect is simple, clear, and engaging.
- Work closely with colleagues in program management business lines to develop tactical plans to build and support community among their constituents.
- Monitor discussions, resource postings, and trends within CDFI Connect.
- Identify and report trends in usage and advise on potential opportunities.
- Create, develop, and maintain community training resources, guidelines and policies.
- Train OFN staff on how to participate and engage in the community.
- Grow the size and impact of CDFI Connect.
- Bachelor’s degree. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, 5-7 years of direct professional communications experience.
- 3-5 years of professional communications experience preferably within a national membership association or developing and growing large-scale online communities.
- Experience working with digital platforms and website content management systems.
- Experience working with professional social media, email marketing and management software experience.
- Exceptional communication skills in public and private settings both in presentation and written formats.
- Ability to think strategically, creatively, and tactically to analyze results and assist in implementing plans.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate across all levels and departments of the organization.
- Ability to assist with online publishing and ability to assist senior staff with adapting content for social media, blog posts, and forums as well as a diverse audience.
- Strong project planning skills, keen attention to details, and ability to manage multiple projects with ease.
- Ability to set priorities and follow through on challenging situations with a supervisor, and effectively manage time under moderate supervision.
- A strong appreciation for, understanding of, and commitment to OFN’s mission, vision and values. Familiarity with the CDFI industry strongly preferred.
- Light to moderate travel required (5-15% of time).
- No extraordinary physical requirements beyond ability to travel.
- Knowledge of Higher Logic community platform a plus.
Working at OFN
People who work at OFN come from a variety of professional and academic backgrounds. Be a part of our growing, diverse, highly committed, skilled and collaborative staff who are guided by the following values:
- Passion for the mission and true believer in our core purpose
- Courage to be a fearless advocate who is confident and resilient in our fight to drive capital into low-income communities
- Smart, quick seekers of knowledge who thrive on creating and developing new strategies, products, and programs for increasing capital to communities we serve
- Desire to be a collaborative team player who possesses humility and a willingness to lean in all areas of our work
We are mission-driven and inspired to work hard. We collaborate with our members and partners, innovate, and remain committed to the idea that access to responsible, affordable finance is key to seeing lasting transformation in communities in all 50 states. We encourage optimism. We believe in healthy communication. We hold each other accountable and try to do our best in everything we do. We dream big. Coffee, chocolate, and the occasional baseball game or field trip always help.
Perks and Benefits
Our generous benefits package includes healthcare and dental, as well as a flexible spending account, dependent care account, employer-paid life insurance, and short and long-term disability. Our Paid Time Off benefit is flexible — allowing you to customize your time away from work as you wish. We’ve also got a 403(b) program with an employer contribution. We’ll tell you more about these and all our additional benefits during the interview process.
Get to Know Us