OFN and CDFIs are proud of our work to help money flow to underserved people and places. We are solutions seekers — continually inspired to create positive changes in neighborhoods across America by financing individuals and projects that result in quality jobs, small businesses, affordable homes, and community facilities.
Be part of our movement to create opportunity. For all.
Are you an industry organization that's hiring? Submit a job in the opportunity finance industry.
Jobs @OFN: Join our team! We offer an opportunity to connect your talents to a career in social, economic, and political justice. See the tab for current openings.
Industry Job Bank: Find a career with a mission-driven lender anywhere in the U.S. Search available entry-level to executive-level careers.
Current OFN Openings
OFN's core mission is to align capital with social, economic, and political justice. We seek qualified candidates committed to this mission and to upholding OFN's standards for excellence. We work together with our members and partners to bring creative and transformative finance to the communities we serve.
Open positions are listed below. If we don't currently have an open position in your area, you may submit a Resume.
Click here to apply for an open position.
Vice President, Programs - Washington, D.C.
Position Summary and Essential Functions:
The primary responsibility of the VP, Programs is to design, deliver and manage effective technical assistance programs that help community development financial institutions (CDFIs) have greater impact in the communities they serve. CDFIs provide small business finance, affordable housing finance, and other critical financing services to low-income and low-wealth communities throughout the U.S. Technical assistance topics include but are not limited to operational efficiency, financing policies and procedures, managing growth, and talent development. Learning approaches include peer-to-peer exchange as well as subject matter expert assistance. The VP, Programs will also provide technical assistance that helps funders and investors increase their support of CDFIs.
Tasks, Duties, and Responsibilities:
- Develop effective new products and programs that increase CDFIs’ financing and development services in their target markets.
- Deliver technical assistance through in-person and digital formats such as online communities and webinars.
- Identify and contract with appropriate external consultants as needed to deliver programs.
- Manage the program delivery process, including marketing new programs, selecting participants, delivering services, measuring results, and writing program summary reports.
- Develop curriculum content for the OFN annual conference, Small Business Finance Forum and other events that share best practices and lessons from OFN’s technical assistance programs.
- Assist with other OFN activities as requested by EVP Knowledge Sharing.
- Bachelor’s degree or 7 years work experience in lieu of degree; graduate degree a plus.
- 5 years professional experience in community development finance required, including 2-3 years experience in a financing-related function.
- In-depth knowledge of CDFIs and the CDFI industry required; experience working at a CDFI is strongly preferred.
- Experience in training and meeting facilitation required.
- Experience in small business finance, affordable housing finance, or other community development finance sectors preferred.
- Experience working with one or more priority markets (rural, Native, minority, persistently poor) preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership ability with experience managing employees and/or subcontractors required.
- Ability to analyze non-profit financial institutions’ financial statements required with a keen sense of organization.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work constructively with diverse constituents is required.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to appropriately adjust for different audiences required.
- Ability to identify and complete technical and complex tasks and/or assignments independently or in a team environment required.
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple tasks under minimal supervision in effective and efficient manner required.
- Moderate to heavy travel required (15%-25% of time)
- Job involves normal physical requirements for an office position.
Working at OFN
People who work at OFN come from a variety of professional and academic backgrounds. Be a part of our growing, diverse, highly committed, skilled and collaborative staff.
We are mission-driven and inspired to work hard. We collaborate with our members and partners, innovate, and remain committed to the idea that access to responsible, affordable finance is key to seeing lasting transformation in communities in all 50 states. We encourage optimism. We believe in healthy communication. We hold each other accountable and try to do our best in everything we do. We dream big. Coffee, chocolate, and the occasional baseball game or field trip always help.
Perks and Benefits
Our generous benefits package includes healthcare and dental, as well as a flexible spending account, dependent care account, employer-paid life insurance, and short and long-term disability. Our Paid Time Off benefit is flexible — allowing you to customize your time away from work as you wish. We’ve also got a 403(b) program with an employer contribution. We’ll tell you more about these and all our additional benefits during the interview process.
Get to Know Us