OFN and CDFIs are proud of our work to help money flow to underserved people and places. We are solutions seekers — continually inspired to create positive changes in neighborhoods across America by financing individuals and projects that result in quality jobs, small businesses, affordable homes, and community facilities.
Be part of our movement to create opportunity. For all.
Jobs @OFN: Join our team! We offer an opportunity to connect your talents to a career in social, economic, and political justice. See the tab for current openings.
Industry Job Bank: Find a career with a mission-driven lender anywhere in the U.S. Search available entry-level to executive-level careers.
Internships @OFN: Explore our exciting opportunities to join OFN for your next summer internship.
Industry Internships: CDFIs are constantly on the lookout for passionate and talented individuals from a variety of majors who are committed to their mission. See the latest opportunities to intern.
Current OFN Openings
OFN's core mission is to align capital with social, economic, and political justice. We seek qualified candidates committed to this mission and to upholding OFN's standards for excellence. We work together with our members and partners to bring creative and transformative finance to the communities we serve.
Open positions are listed below. If we don't currently have an open position in your area, you may submit a Resume.
Click here to apply for an open position.
Chief Lending and Investment Officer
Opportunity Finance Network (OFN) is a leading national network of CDFIs (community development financial institutions) with offices in Philadelphia and Washington D.C. In pursuit of a mission to align capital with social, economic, and political justice, OFN supports its member CDFIs with money, strength, and voice to drive transformational change in underserved communities nationwide.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, OFN is governed by a 13-member board of directors with an annual operating budget of approximately $10M and a staff of 30. The Financial Services team manages $600M in lending capital. To learn more, visit: www.ofn.org
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Chief Lending & Investment Officer (CLIO) has the overall responsibility for the strategy, development, implementation, and risk management of OFN’s financial services. Priorities for the CLIO include: driving growth in CDFI Bond Guarantee Program, CDFI Financing Program and Asset Management business; developing new market opportunities which support OFN’s strategic goals; and growing OFN’s capital under management with new capitalization vehicles and new investors alongside of the President and CEO. A member of OFN’s 8-person Leadership Team, the CLIO is responsible for the overall management of the Financial Services team which includes two direct reports and a total current staff of 8.
- Lead growth opportunities in the CDFI Bond Guarantee Program, CDFI Financing Programs, and Asset Management business with third party investors.
- Research and develop market opportunities for new financing strategies, products, services, and systems to support OFN’s strategic goals, and directly lead or participate in their design and implementation.
- With the President & CEO, grow OFN’s capital under management with new capitalization vehicles and with new investors.
- Oversee senior management in the CDFI Bond Guarantee and CDFI Financing Programs, including new originations, portfolio management, credit policies, and documentation.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the market forces that influence and impact the opportunity finance industry and OFN’s business and strategic goals, reporting to President & CEO with analysis and recommendation as appropriate.
- Serve as a member of OFN’s Leadership Team and participate in strategic and business planning for OFN.
- Manage, develop, and grow (as appropriate) the Financial Services team to execute on departmental and organizational goals and strategies efficiently and effectively.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 12+ years of work experience in the financial services field in lieu of a degree; MBA or Master’s Degree preferred.
- Direct lending experience required.
- 12+ years leading and managing a lending or investment team required.
- 7+ years in a supervisory or managerial capacity required.
- Experience in corporate or structured finance preferred with experience in credit risk analysis and management; formal credit training required.
- Strong lending and investment underwriting knowledge, with an understanding of the unique characteristics of the community development finance required.
- Experience in community development as well as lending to financial institutions preferred.
- Ability to manage a division independently under strategic direction as well as the ability to champion new opportunities for growth, develop staff and possess a keen understanding of financial markets and products, with exceptional financial, market, and qualitative analysis skills.
- Excellent writing, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and motivational ability, superior interpersonal skills, ability to manage and work in teams, and interacting constructively with diverse constituents.
- Highly energetic, entrepreneurial thinking, creative problem solver exhibiting sound judgment and deep commitment and passion for OFN’s mission.
- Moderate to heavy travel required (35% of time).
Opportunity Finance Network is an equal opportunity employer and ADA compliant.
Associate, Loan Administrator
Position Summary and Essential Functions:
This position is primarily responsible for assisting the Vice President, Loan Operations in the administration of OFN’s loan portfolio. OFN’s portfolio includes the CDFI Bond Guarantee Program loans, OFN’s on-balance sheet loan portfolio, and managed loan funds. Such assistance will include maintaining and validating data in the loan management system, cash and collateral monitoring, and loan servicing monitoring and recordkeeping.
General Loan Administration responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare, collect and coordinate loan documentation and internal funding requests.
- Coordinate and implement the on-boarding of new loans and modifications to existing loans.
- Prepare timely submissions of internal and external departmental reports.
- Assist with the continued implementation of a Loan Origination/Servicing/Accounting System.
- Review quarterly interest payments from accounting for accuracy.
- Prepare and review invoices for loans and asset management.
- Preserve, maintain and update borrower files and legal documents as needed.
- Assist other financial services team members on projects or deliverables, as requested by the VP, Loan Operations.
Bond Guarantee Program Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the preparation and submission of the Bond Guarantee Program application via collection, organization and remittal of financial documents.
- Review and coordinate documents required to draw down on Bond funds for completeness and eligibility with the Bond Guarantee Program requirements.
- Provide payment oversight of Bond Loans and monitor Bond Loan collateral.
- Track and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports to the CDFI Fund to support compliance with the terms and conditions of the Bond documents via database management systems.
- Perform other report administration as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5+ years direct work experience required in lieu of a degree.
- 1-3 years of experience in lending markets that have similar characteristics to the loans of OFN, and/or title or mortgage industry experienced required.
- Experience in loan operations with a financial and /or nonprofit institutions preferred.
- Experience in multi-party lending structures, with borrowers, lenders, banks and servicers and backup servicers preferred.
- Experience preparing loan documents utilizing a Loan Servicing Software or standard templates as well as CRM system experience desirable.
- Experience or knowledge of the CDFI Industry a plus.
- Experience in nonprofit or small office environment a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Physical Requirements:
- Knowledge of accounting or lending practices required.
- Superior analytical and organizational skills required with a keen attention to detail.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills required with emphasis on clarity, conciseness and relevance.
- Ability to understand and modify financial statements is preferred.
- Ability to understand loan documentation is required.
- Ability to review the work of other partners/subcontractors is required.
- Superior interpersonal skills and ability to work well with diverse constituents is required.
- Knowledge of and commitment to community development preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills with an above average understanding of database software is required.
- Ability to work independently or in team environment as required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently under moderate supervision.
- Some travel required (<10% of time).
- No extraordinary physical requirements beyond ability to travel.
- Job involves normal physical requirements for an office position.
Supervisor: Vice President, Loan Operations FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To Apply visit our online application portal at:
Working at OFN
People who work at OFN come from a variety of professional and academic backgrounds. Be a part of our growing, diverse, highly committed, skilled and collaborative staff.
We are mission-driven and inspired to work hard. We collaborate with our members and partners, innovate, and remain committed to the idea that access to responsible, affordable finance is key to seeing lasting transformation in communities in all 50 states. We encourage optimism. We believe in healthy communication. We hold each other accountable and try to do our best in everything we do. We dream big. Coffee, chocolate, and the occasional baseball game or field trip always help.
Perks and Benefits
Our generous benefits package includes healthcare and dental, as well as a flexible spending account, dependent care account, employer-paid life insurance, and short and long-term disability. Our Paid Time Off benefit is flexible — allowing you to customize your time away from work as you wish. We’ve also got a 403(b) program with an employer contribution. We’ll tell you more about these and all our additional benefits during the interview process.
Get to Know Us