OFN's core mission is to align capital with social, economic, and political justice. We seek qualified candidates committed to this mission and to upholding OFN's standards for excellence. OFN is currently hiring for the following staff positions. Internships are also available - click the link at right.
If we don't currently have an open position in your area, you may submit a Resume.
Each summer OFN offers several internships across the organization. Our program is designed to give interns work experience in their field of interest. It also introduces them to the opportunity finance industry and the transformative work CDFIs do in low-income communities across the country.
Available Summer 2018 Internships
Visit our Internships page for more information about the internship program.
Click here to apply for an open position.
Senior Executive Assistant
OFN is a leading national network of CDFIs (community development financial institutions) with offices in Philadelphia and Washington D.C. In pursuit of a mission to align capital with social, economic, and political justice, OFN supports its member CDFIs with money, strength, and voice to drive transformational change in underserved communities nationwide.
Position Summary and Essential Functions:
The Senior Executive Assistant exercises independent judgment to proactively identify and address the needs of the President & CEO and perform tasks to ensure the workflow runs smoothly and responsibilities are carried out effectively and efficiently. Provides critical and confidential support to the President & CEO in a timely and professional manner. Conserves and defends President & CEO’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence. Coordinates agendas and other logistics for meetings as scheduled.
- Provides high-quality administrative assistance to the President & CEO including preparing and editing correspondence, papers, proposals, presentations, reports, spreadsheets, and other documents within established time frames, efficiently and effectively exercising confidentiality.
- Manages travel arrangements, prepares itineraries and relevant materials, and files reimbursement requests.
- Maintains the President & CEO electronic contact files, calendar, and facilitates access for internal and external parties with a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Serves as a liaison with external partners at a high-level, including Board Members, on behalf of the President & CEO
- Schedules business meetings and conference calls by coordinating and confirming attendance, arranging for the meeting place/equipment/advance materials, etc.
- Responsible for OFN Board of Directors operations including but not limited to meeting logistics, travel arrangements, Board elections and writing and maintaining meeting minutes.
- Act as a member of OFN’s internal Conference planning committee.
- Periodic internal/external event planning for the President & CEO such as internal celebrations and special meetings.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- HS diploma or equivalency required; Bachelor Degree preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience supporting executive staff and Board members
- Experience creating and developing administrative reports, presentations and databases
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple schedules and calendars
- Demonstrated experience anticipating needs and solving problems autonomously
- Experience managing office logistics
- Experience or volunteer work in nonprofit or small office environment a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Products/Internet including database management
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to manage complex and highly confidential information exercising initiative and sound judgment/decision making with a solution-oriented focus
- Comfortable working autonomously and across multiple tasks and reporting into different project working teams
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, within tight deadlines in a clear, level-headed manner; ability to turn work around within a short period of time where demands are liable to change quickly effectively and efficiently
- Effective analytical and problem-solving ability with emphasis on excellent social skills, and ability to operate with diplomacy, tact and empathy required
- Effective and professional written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work well with diverse constituents and interface with employees at all levels of the organization, OFN Members, OFN investors and funders is required
- Moderate travel required (25% of time) Willing to support and work on occasion in Philadelphia Office.
- Knowledge of and commitment to community development is beneficial
- No extraordinary physical requirements beyond ability to travel
- Job involves normal physical requirements for an office position