Aeris guides capital to good. Since 2004, the nation’s leading community investors have used Aeris’ data and ratings to support their community investing. Aeris’ clients range from large financial institutions with Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) obligations, mission-driven charitable foundations, government, private wealth managers, and more. Our proprietary CDFI ratings and analytics help investors evaluate opportunities that meet their impact goals and risk parameters. Learn more at www.aerisinsight.com.
Aeris seeks numbers-loving Financial Institutions Specialists who will contribute to our leading-edge analysis and data collection initiatives. Successful candidates will bring a keen attention to detail, as well as finely-honed skills in the analysis of financial statements. We are seeking candidates who may have less experience but are looking to grow along with our organization, as well as mature professionals interested in a second career, and who are comfortable in a fast-paced, startup-like environment.
Both full-time (on-site at our Philadelphia headquarters) and part-time, off-site (Philadelphia area preferred) opportunities are available. Applicants should specify in their cover letter which position they are interested in.
Duties will involve interacting with Aeris-rated institutions and Aeris analysts in critical phases of the production of Aeris Rating Reports, most significantly in the preparation of data and tables for further analysis by our expert analysts. Financial Institutions Specialists will also play a key role in the operation of the Aeris Cloud, a custom-built web application enabling industry-first, real-time analytics of CDFI performance data.
Financial Institutions Specialists will be responsible for reviewing and proofing financial statements, and working with reporting institutions to address any errors and omissions. Specialists will also spread financial statements from institutions’ internally-generated format to the Aeris industry-standard format.
Aeris is seeking candidates with Bachelor’s Degree in a business major, preferably with some professional experience in financial services or accounting; or other candidates with the requisite skills.
Key success measures include quality, quantity, accuracy, timeliness, and team work. These require:
- Strong financial and analytical experience
- Familiarity with nonprofit financial statements (preferred)
- Strong financial, market, and qualitative analysis skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to focus on detailed work for accuracy
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills, knowledge of Sharepoint
- Normal physical requirements for an office position (EOE/ADA Compliant)
Salary commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
To apply please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Search: Financial Institutions Specialist, Aeris.”
WEDI empowers economically disadvantaged people in Buffalo, with a primary focus on the West Side community.
- Economic Development: Low-income individuals and families attain sustainable incomes through business creation and expansion. WEDI has supported the establishment of over 100 and expansion of over 30 companies, often through the disbursal of over 60 loans from its growing $650,000 fund. This lending activity has performed well, with a 1.9% average monthly 30-day delinquency rate in 2016, no 2015/16 charge-offs, and a 0.40% cumulative charge-off rate.
- Community Development: Entrepreneurs create focused, market-driven, and sustainable destinations that bring people together to create strong, diverse neighborhoods. WEDI hosts up to 21 businesses in its retail and commercial kitchen space, the West Side Bazaar, and has successfully graduated over 25 small-business owners who grew shops at this incubator.
- Education: English language learners acquire comprehension and fluency to attain parity with native English-speaking peers, which in turn promotes high graduation rates, family health, and a strong community. The ENERGY Literacy for Children and FLY after-school programs serve 64 English language learners from Buffalo’s West Side who are in grades 1-6 and 7-8, respectively. ENERGY focuses on improving the students’ abilities to read, write, and speak English. With an average ratio of one volunteer mentor per student, the program provides specialized reading and homework support. In the 2015-2016 school year, 71.43% of students improved by over one year of grade-level reading during the 7-month program, as evidenced by reading assessments. FLY implements project-based learning that has helped to increase grade-point averages for over 80% of its students. Attendance in the programs average over 95%, and the total demand is very high, summing to hundreds of students.
Primary Purpose and Function
- Plan, implement, and oversee fundraising and donor relations strategy and activities, increasing WEDI’s capacity to raise between $1-3 million per year depending on organizational needs
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain WEDI’s fundraising plan, including projected receipts from sources, including individuals, corporations, foundations, governmental entities, earned revenue, and events
- Coordinate fundraising campaigns and annual appeal with a return-on-investment of at least 500%
- Identifying at least 50 new funding sources/year
- Write at least 30 grants/year
- Use WEDI's data and donor management systems to maintain donor prospects and cultivation, increasing the number of donor relationships by at least 20% year-over-year
- Develop and adhere to the fund development budget that limits overall WEDI administration and fundraising to less than 15% of the total organizational expenses
Possible Functions and Responsibilities
- Provide marketing, advertising, and promotional coordination and support for programs to ensure seamless messaging to the public and all stakeholders
- Support the Executive Director as required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably with an emphasis on business administration, management, or marketing and communication
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of successful fundraising and development experience
- Must have excellent critical thinking, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Proven strong and broad oral and written communication skills that meet the needs of all of WEDI’s programs
- Must be passionate about empowerment programming that serves low-income communities with diverse experiences
- Master’s degree or equivalent, preferably with an emphasis on business administration, management, or marketing and communications
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE)
- Significant knowledge of and experience in the Western New York and/or national philanthropic communities
- Ability to attract the interest of new funders
- Experience working in a non-profit, mission-driven organization
- Ability to complete tasks quickly and on schedule
- Ability to manage the schedule and data of multiple projects with rigorous deadlines
- Competent and efficient in Google applications, MS Office, and internet applications, including database systems for data tracking
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- High accuracy in work and attention to detail
Salary or hourly pay will be commensurate with education and experience. WEDI includes health insurance with a full-time position.
How to Apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.