• 7-10 years of experience in real estate development; finance, rent-restricted multifamily asset or property management; or community development.
• Ability to read and analyze real estate budgets and financial statements.
• Analytical skills and attention to detail with strong financial skills and knowledge is essential.
• Proven judgment and decision-making skills.
• Demonstrated conceptual ability and strategic thinking
• Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work under tight deadlines, manage priorities, and complete assigned tasks with minimal management follow up.
• Experience with lending, banking, affordable housing and/or community development lending a plus.
• Experience with loan servicing software.
• Expert proficiency in MS Excel and database analysis.
• Bachelor’s degree required. BA/BS in real estate finance, economics, business, accounting or related field preferred.
• Must be intellectually curious and committed to continual process improvement leveraging your own creativity and acute focus on the details.
• Maintain the highest ethical personal standards.
• Personal maturity, emotional intelligence, strong work ethic, task-oriented, highly responsive to the day to day needs of the organization, ability to work effectively with a range of personnel, including the CEO, the management team, other professional staff.
• A high degree of comfort with an iterative analytical process, including extensive feedback, ongoing collaboration, and input from peers, extensive scenario planning & business planning.
• Ability to organize multi-faceted & diverse assignments, manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
• Comfortable with teamwork and collaborative work products and interest in the work process and work product critiques.
• High energy, flexibility and drive to work in an entrepreneurial organization. High tolerance for ambiguity, changing demands, and multiple priorities.
• Passion for affordable housing, community development, and social justice.