• Minimum of three years (Loan Officer) or five years (Senior Loan Officer) of loan underwriting experience at a CDFI, bank or other financial institution, preferably related to affordable housing development or commercial real estate construction and asset management.
• Undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics, or other relevant field. Relevant work experience can be a substituted for required education.
• Excellent underwriting skills, grounded in strong abilities to analyze financial statements, assess management and leadership, review collateral, interpret business and strategic plans, etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Proven ability to generate client leads and maintain business relationships.
• Superior judgment and attention to detail.
• Excellent organizational skills, with a strong ability to work independently and with a team, handle multiple priorities and manage time efficiently.
• Enthusiasm and a passionate commitment to equitable community development.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Working knowledge of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit and New Market Tax Credit programs.
• Experience in consulting and technical assistance in real estate development and/or finance, preferably with nonprofit clients.
• Knowledge and experience with nonprofit community-based organizations in Northern California.
• Understanding of nonprofit finance and management best practices.
• Understanding of and experience with community development lending and funding sources.
• Familiarity with food-related lending.
• English/Spanish bilingual ability is a plus.
Position reports to the Manager, Community Development Lending; communicates regularly with referral sources and potential borrowing clients; attends and participates in Loan Committee meetings; interacts extensively with the lending team and staff/management in other NCCLF departments; and represents NCCLF to outside constituencies.
Position is pivotal to the success of the lending program and operates in a collaborative, cooperative, team environment. Workload will vary requiring flexibility with time. Outside meetings and some local travel within Northern California are required.
Hours and Location
• Full-time position.
• Work hours will be predominantly during regular business hours, although occasional evening or weekend hours will be required. A flexible schedule may be accommodated.
• Worksite will be in the offices of NCCLF in San Francisco, with some travel outside the Bay Area for site visits, business development, and conferences.