The Wisconsin Women’s Business Initiative Corporation (WWBIC) has provided quality business and financial education coupled with access to fair capital and financial products for 30 years. Since WWBIC was incorporated as a 501(c)(3) in 1987, it has loaned $46 million to small business owners, helped entrepreneurs create and retain 8,900 jobs, assisted over 55,000 clients, including more than 3,900 businesses, and assisted 152 individuals and families in purchasing their own homes through its asset-building program. Each year, WWBIC increases its impact across the state through the hard work of our staff and dedicated volunteers. For more information, visit www.wwbic.com.
This position is primarily responsible for management of accounting and reporting activities, supporting the preparation of Board and Committee reports and for working collaboratively with WWBIC leadership to ensure completion of organizational objectives. This position will have supervisory responsibility for our hardworking accounting team.
Specific responsibilities include oversight of day to day and month end accounting and related reporting, internal control of receipt of revenues, costs and program budgets, analysis of financial data and presentation of financial reports in an timely manner, assisting WWBIC leadership with budget planning and analysis, and managing and tracking the performance of invested assets.
- The position requires a minimum of 5 years of experience in an accounting and/or financial reporting and previous supervisory experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree and knowledge or both Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) regulations is required.
- Must have strong communication, organization and analytical skills along with a high comfort level in Microsoft Office.
- Must work collaboratively and be committed to supporting and developing a strong Accounting team.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance is needed.
Based on experience.
How to Apply:
Email cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Entrepreneur Works Fund is a non-profit, certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) focused on growing small businesses and creating jobs in the Philadelphia metropolitan area. Our mission is to cultivate and promote successful entrepreneurs among underserved populations and in underserved areas of the region – entrepreneurs who then become economic engines in their own communities.
Our loan portfolio provides affordable microloans between $500 and $50,000 to entrepreneurs who might otherwise be unable to secure capital from a traditional bank. We have no minimum credit score and can be flexible around collateral as well as the age and revenue of the business. By connecting hundreds of entrepreneurs each year with access to capital, one-on-one technical assistance, business training and networking opportunities, Entrepreneur Works Fund helps promising individuals develop economic self-sufficiency and create job opportunities through business ownership.
For more information, please visit www.MyEntrepreneurWorks.org.
The Loan Service Associate will play a key role in the operations and risk management of Entrepreneur Works’ small business loan portfolio by managing the services provided to our clients after their loans are closed and disbursed.
This includes monitoring portfolio performance and staying in close contact with borrowers to identify those that need technical assistance before they reach the point of default. The Loan Service Associate will also manage the collections process, maintain the department’s data collection and systems, and produce loan servicing and closing documentation.
This position requires a customer-service oriented individual who is comfortable with data entry, thrives in multi-cultural settings, and is passionate about financial literacy and economic justice. Demonstrated experience working with a diverse range of clients and colleagues is a must, as is comfort with a deadline-driven environment.
The ideal candidate has experience entering data, managing client relationships and navigating complex interpersonal situations both on the phone and in person.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF LOAN SERVICE ASSOCIATE:
- Monitor borrowers, their businesses and repayment patterns to identify troubled loans
- Identify business assistance needs of current borrowers and connect them with relevant resources
- Make site visits to borrower’s businesses when necessary
- Manage collections process, make collections calls
- Prepare borrowers’ billing statements and late letters
- Process loan payments
- Enter client data into Entrepreneur Works’ loan servicing and CRM software programs
- Assist with portfolio reporting and surveys
- At least 1-2 years of experience in client-facing and/or customer service roles
- Ability to navigate complex interpersonal interactions
- Experience with data entry, finance, administration and/or business
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook
- Superior writing, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Experience working (or volunteering) with diverse and underserved populations
- Ability to quickly learn departmental software systems
- Previous loan servicing experience
- Experience mentoring or consulting, particularly with small businesses or entrepreneurs
- Experience with small business management or knowledge thereof
- Experience with relational database applications (SQL)
Salary commensurate with experience, plus full benefits package.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to email@example.com. Please put “Loan Service Associate” in the subject heading. No phone calls, please.