IFF is a mission-driven lender, real estate consultant, and developer that helps communities thrive by creating opportunities for low-income communities and people with disabilities. Key to our success has been a deep sense of purpose, a broad perspective, and a relentless focus on achieving positive results. Social return can coincide with financial return.
Across the Midwest, we help clients from every sector, including human service agencies, health centers, schools, housing developers, and grocery stores. Our staff of nearly 100 professionals works from our Chicago headquarters, and we also serve the Midwest from six regional offices: Indianapolis, IN; Detroit, MI; Minneapolis, MN; St. Louis, MO; Columbus, OH; and Milwaukee, WI.
IFF is a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) certified by the U.S. Department of the Treasury. We are the largest nonprofit CDFI in the Midwest and one of only a few nationally to earn the AERIS five-star, triple-A, policy-plus rating. Since 1988, we have made more than $700 million in loans, leveraged $2.3 billion in community investments, and grown our total managed assets to $606 million.
This position is targeted for individuals interested in the nonprofit financial or real estate industries. The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and technology support to IFF’s Eastern Region office (Detroit Office). This includes data coordination, report design and generation, preparation and distribution of marketing, presentation and proposal materials, organizing project management files, arranging meetings, correspondence and filing, contract and invoice coordination, handling telephone, electronic, and in-person communications and making travel arrangements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizes and supports staff in Eastern Region office including, but not limited to: file preparation, organization of staff meetings, technical assistance, database maintenance (CRM, etc.), editing and mailing correspondence, management of calendar, and occasional conference and travel arrangements. Develops and distributes report information as requested.
- Collects, edits, enters and verifies original data and maintains assigned computer data bases (CRM, etc.), including monitoring systems, contact management, contract tracking, real estate technical assistance and asset management parameters. Develops, prepares, and distributes system reports to provide accurate and timely information to users.
- Supports and organizes real estate project teams, including, but not limited to, initial project set up, proposal and contract development, ongoing communications and tracking of project progress, project support as directed, and collects necessary information upon project completion.
- Maintains database records of ongoing loan portfolio monitoring items. Works with individual Loan Department staff to address missing monitoring items and/or executes correspondence to collect missing items.
- Supports loan underwriting process as directed.
- Cleans and prepares data so that others can understand and digest information. May include data from surveys, questionnaires and other data collection methods as needed for projects.
- Uses spreadsheet, statistical, and mapping software to organize and analyze data.
- Prepares survey and other data for quantitative analysis using statistical software.
- Prepares data for GIS software, including census data, demographic estimates, administrative data, such as school enrollment and nonprofit client data.
- Assists with map making for IFF research projects, funding proposals, and other reports and projects as needed.
- Creates map layers based on project objective.
- Completes maps based on feedback from management and/or project team.
- Prepares drafts of maps for inclusion in IFF reports and publications.
- Organizes implementation of presentations and marketing events, including meeting arrangements, coordinating involved parties and preparing presentation materials. Works in coordination with other staff outside assigned departments.
- Schedules and attends internal and external program planning meetings; compiles and distributes minutes for formal and informal meetings when requested.
- Handles general communications between departments and with staff at regional offices. Contacts clients for specific inquiries as needed and/or routes calls and emails to the appropriate party for response.
- Creates and edits professional Power Point presentations, using Excel graphs, charts, and text.
- Schedules and attends internal meetings. Handles all conference room preparations, including food/drink set-up and conference line/videoconference set-up. Takes, writes and distributes minutes, if required.
- Schedules travel and lodging arrangement for department’s staff. Collects, codes and delivers expense receipts to Accounting Department. Handles departmental invoices, check requests and other financial functions, as directed.
- Provides and participates in general administrative duties as needed.
- Maintains and develops required job knowledge and skills and core professional competencies. Attends and participates in required educational programs and staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Timely and effective performance of daily internal and external communication with IFF staff and clients.
- High quality and accurate work product.
- Efficient use of time and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Timely completion of all work.
- Maintenance of all files, contacts, reports and systems in a timely and accurate manner to assure ready retrieval of information.
- High level of initiative on projects and day to day work.
Education: BA or BS required, preferably in urban planning, public policy, community development, economics, business administration, or social sciences. Desire to work in a non-profit and demonstrated interest in our mission. Ideal candidate will have strong interest in the nonprofit financial or real estate industries.
Experience: Minimum 2 years of relevant work experience, preferably in similar position. Demonstrated proofreading and editing skills. Strong oral and written communication skills. GIS software or mapping skills strongly desired, but not mandatory.
Special Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to manage multiple, diverse tasks and prioritize among them. Ability to thrive in fast paced environment.
- Ability to understand and manage complex information and projects.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and can handle sensitive work in a discrete manner.
- Strong technical aptitude. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Must take high level of initiative on day to day work.
Unusual Requirements: Some travel throughout the assigned region; Occasional evening and weekend work.
Dependent on experience
How to Apply:
Application Instructions: Please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line.
IFF values equity, diversity and inclusion as part of its mission to strengthen nonprofits and the communities they serve. IFF is an equal opportunity employer.