The Analyst will assist with the administration of LIIF’s federal programs that are used to enhance LIIF’s fund structures and core lending activities, including the Capital Magnet Fund, Healthy Food Financing Initiative (HFFI), and Bond Guaranty Program (BGP). Activities include:
- Work with Federal Program’s team to update / keep current all processes, pipelines, worksheets, eligibility checklists, etc. to assure smooth, accurate, and up-to-date information flow between Loan Officers and Federal Program staff.
- Assist in tracking all compliance requirements for each program.
- Capital Magnet Fund / HFFI: manage the project eligibility approval process, evaluate eligibility documentation, tracking the pipeline of projects and availability of funds, provide information to Loan Officers as needed, assist with compliance reporting;
- Bond Guaranty Program: lead BGP requisition process, handle various reporting requirements (PLM, Pledged Asset Report, and others as needed).
Ongoing Fund Management:
The Analyst is responsible for the ongoing asset management of a portfolio of Funds that involve multiple external stake holders, including Investors, credit enhancement providers or partnering Lenders. As a result, the Analyst serves as a critical point support for all LIIF-managed Funds and ensures all related Fund obligations are met.
Ongoing Fund management responsibilities include:
- Compliance and Investor Reporting: Compile any reporting required by Investors, partnering Lenders, or Foundations. This may involve working closely with LIIF’s asset management, legal and finance teams or other partner Lenders to collect the required loan or organizational data.
- Fund Standards & Processes: Work closely with the Fund team to ensure LIIF is compliant with the Standards & Processes developed for each Fund.
- Loan Management System Data: Work with LIIF Finance and Information Technology teams to maintain accurate Fund loan data in LIIF’s loan management systems (nCino and LMS), and coordinate with the Portfolio
Manager, Finance, and Loan Administration to resolve data issues related to Fund loans.
- Fund Loan Support: The Analyst is responsible for supporting the originations and asset management activity for loans within closed Funds. Key activities include:
- Support Pipeline Management and Loan Approvals: Support the monitoring of the use and availability of funds and repayments. Support the coordination of credit committee meeting dates; collecting underwriting materials from
originating lenders; and ensuring appropriate documentation of all approvals.
- Non-LIIF Originated Loan Closings and Asset Management: For Fund loans that are originated by other lenders, administer all internal activities necessary to ensure the loan is appropriately funded, booked and monitored by
LIIF. This involves ensuring receipt of all required closing documentation; verification of compliance with Fund-specific requirements; creating loan data entries in LIIF’s loan management software (nCino and LMS); and working
with the LIIF Loan Administration and Finance team to manage the release of funds to the project or lender, as appropriate. Monitor loan payments and upcoming maturities, process post-closing draw requests, request annual reporting.
- LIIF-Originated Loan Closings: Support the closing process for all loans in each Fund originated by LIIF to verify that the loan is appropriately booked and monitored by LIIF with respect to specific Fund requirements.
- Project Loan Modifications, Exceptions or Extensions: Monitor status of all Fund loans with respect to post-closing changes. Update loan data entries in LIIF’s loan management software (nCino and LMS) when any post-closing amendments are approved.
The Analyst will maintain a positive and professional relationship with LIIF’s internal associates as well as external customers and business partners by initiating and responding promptly to any and all requests in a responsive, consistent, and accurate manner