What We Do:
NFF works toward a more just and vibrant society through:
- Financing that invests in missions. Our customized financing strengthens hardworking nonprofits and social enterprises.
- Consulting that empowers leaders. Our experts equip you to make financial decisions that best serve your mission.
- Partnering on big problems. Service providers, funders, and investors turn to us for new ways to collaboratively support stronger, fairer communities.
- Learning that helps illuminate paths to solving complex social issues. Sharing experiences and expertise – from ideas to anecdotes to cutting-edge data and analysis – makes it easier.
Nonprofit Finance Fund® (NFF®) is a leading Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) with over $250 million in community investments. NFF has provided $620 million in financing and access to additional capital in support of over $2.3 billion in projects for thousands of organizations nationwide. In partnership with others, we've also supported the provision of more than $120 million in grants to nonprofits for recovery, capital and planning grants and reserves.
Nonprofit Finance Fund (NFF) regularly takes the temperature of the U.S. social sector by reaching out to thousands of nonprofits about their programmatic, management, financial, and operational health and challenges, and exploring the dynamics underlying their responses. Gathering, analyzing, sharing, and driving dialogue about this critical data – aggregated nationally and segmented by sub-sector, organization size, geography, and other factors – is a major pillar of NFF’s commitment to unlock the potential of mission-driven organizations by sharing accessible insights. The Survey’s data and analysis of U.S. nonprofit health are widely shared, utilized, and cited by funders, media, researchers, advocates, and nonprofits themselves. NFF relies on a wide range of internal and external partners to help increase the Survey’s response rate and reach.
The Survey is a high-priority, high-collaboration project for all members of the Knowledge & Impact (K&I) team. For each Survey cycle, we engage a Survey Specialist to project-manage, and to lead and help execute, activities across the Survey’s life cycle from fundraising and marketing through launch, response tracking, data collection, analysis, and communication of the findings to a wide range of audiences through publications, presentations, media outreach, events, and other channels. Click here for a more comprehensive picture of the Survey and its related products. In addition to public deliverables, we create customized products for a select group of funders and/or partners.
This position represents a great opportunity for a professional interested in helping to collect and raise nonprofits’ voices, and improve understanding of the U.S. social sector. The contract term will begin in October 2017 and last approximately one year, with the possibility of extension depending on workflow and funding. The Survey Specialist reports to the Vice President of Knowledge & Communications and is a fully engaged member of the busy K&I team for the contract duration, ready and willing to jump in and help with other, non-Survey-related, projects as needed. This position is based in NFF’s New York headquarters office.
- Be the overall project manager for the 2018 Survey.
- Collect and synthesize internal and external feedback to help finalize survey content (questions) and marketing plans.
- Populate and fully test the Survey Gizmo platform, including data collection customization.
- Create, disseminate, and share marketing materials (broad and targeted e-blasts, social media content, blog posts, etc.).
- Monitor and regularly report on response flow, flagging any issues and proposing solutions.Lead data download and clean-up.
- Be a major contributor to analysis of the data and identification of trends.
- Become fully versant in the quantitative and qualitative findings; articulate these key findings/trends into data-driven messages and themes; identify and create illustrative stories, pitch points, and talking points.
- Lead production, and in some cases dissemination, of Survey deliverables for broad and customized (funder) audiences, including analyses, publications, charts, slides, blog posts/commentaries, meetings/webinars, and content for NFF and partner e-blasts, social media and websites.
- Serve as NFF’s main Survey point of contact, managing relationships with and acknowledgment of partners and funders and fielding inquiries.
- Set up, track and report metrics of response data and materials usage.
- Manage consultant who creates Survey Analyzer (http://survey.nff.org/); lead testing and proofing; manage and report on usage metrics.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Experience with rigorous project management, data analysis, and data translation.
- High-quality organizational skills.
- An interest in social sector dynamics.
- Excellent communication, story-telling, writing, and editing skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Strong comfort and experience presenting to high-level and expert groups.
- Strong proficiency in Excel, Survey Gizmo (or similar platforms), and PowerPoint.
- A deadline-driven independent worker, team player, multi-tasker, problem-solver, self-starter.
- Proven ability to navigate and manage internal and external (often high-level) relationships with skill and diplomacy.
- A sense of humor.
- An absolute commitment to NFF’s values.
- Flexibility to travel occasionally within the U.S., as needed (likely less than 5% of the time).
How to Apply:
To learn more and apply please click here.