Skills and Qualifications
• Knowledge of real estate development and finance, real estate and chattel lending law, lending practices and procedures
• Knowledge of Affordable housing, Community Facility, Environmental Infrastructure, Small Business lending (must have strong background in at least one of these loan product areas)
• Knowledge of loan origination, closing, servicing and liquidation processes
• Familiarity with rural and tribal community culture and social norms
• Facilitation, mediation and meeting management skills
• Proficiency with personal computers including Microsoft Office
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to proofread and edit documents
• Bring individuals and groups together to accomplish common goals
• Demonstrate a high level of customer service skills
• Work with minimum supervision and handle multiple priorities simultaneously
• Trouble shoot and use analytical skills to solve problems
• Organize and prioritize work to meet established timelines
• Work with financial spreadsheets and perform financial feasibility analysis
• Plan and manage contract performance
• Work independently and as a member of a team, demonstrating appropriate leadership styles in varying circumstances
• Ability to manage, coach, and train staff utilizing a facilitative leadership approach
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work performed in an office requires ability to operate computers and various pieces of office equipment, including telephone. Use may be moderate (average two hours per day) to heavy (four or more hours per day).
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods of time; walk; talk; hear; use hand to finger; handle; feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee may occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This position also requires moderate (up to two to four days per month) automobile and airline travel, including overnight travel.
Preferred Education and Experience:
A combination of experience and education is necessary to qualify for the position. A typical qualifying combination may include:
Five (5) years minimum of applicable experience in the community development financial field. Must have successfully underwritten multiple loans of one or more of the loan programs that RCAC administers (a minimum of three redacted Credit Memos [various types of loans, if possible] will need to be provided).
Bachelor's or master’s degree in associated discipline (additional qualifying experience may be substituted).
Possession of a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance that meets the minimum requirements ($100,000/$300,000) of RCAC corporate liability policy will be required when traveling for business purposes.