SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience and success in working with the African-American community and other communities of color in Eastern NC and the Triangle that can lead to NCIFund loans and business assistance
to businesses owned and operated by persons of color and women.
• Lender with a current, active business loan portfolio in North Carolina preferred.
• A minimum of five years experience in small business lending, assistance or management with commercial loan underwriting responsibilities required. Prior lending and/or business experience
with local food lending, agricultural lending, “green” sectors, and minority communities preferable.
• Experience with alternative lending and credit enhancement programs such as SBA and USDA, guarantee programs preferred.
• Commitment to and interest in NCIFund’s and The Conservation Fund's organizational mission. Interest in supporting environmental businesses and economic development that benefit low-
income communities, and communities of color in particular.
• A financial background with a strong understanding of balance sheet, income statement and cash flow analysis and loan underwriting.
• Ability to write well, communicate verbally in a succinct and persuasive manner, and interact effectively with a wide range of individuals, e.g., colleagues, lenders, funders, low-wealth and minority
borrowers, and technical assistance providers.
• Strong analytical, time management, and organizational skills, including a high level of attention to detail and ability to work independently.
• Impeccable personal integrity and commitment to maintaining confidentiality of customer data.
• A demonstrated "can-do" entrepreneurial attitude appropriate for a business-oriented non-profit.
• Ability to learn quickly. Open to taking on new projects and responsibilities with a positive attitude and a sense of humor.
• At least a BA/BS degree in finance, business administration, accounting, community development, or in a related field.
• Ability to speak Spanish a plus but not required.
• Strong computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets, and database programs (Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel). Experience with Abrigo, The Exceptional Assistant (TEA) and
Cash Suites helpful but not required.
• Willingness to travel. Must have a current, valid driver’s license with the unrestricted ability to travel independently to various locations as required. A driving report from the Department of Motor
Vehicles (DMV) will be reviewed for employment purposes.