1. Primary leadership and ownership of IFF Credit Policy with regard to regular updates, adherence, and explanation.
a. Maintain and lead updates of IFF loan policies and risk rating methodologies in conjunction with other senior Capital Solutions staff, and President – Core Business Solutions, as guided or directed by IFF Board of Directors/Finance Committee.
b. Ensure loan requests, modifications, closings, and portfolio management follow process and protocol consistent with approved policies.
2. Provide guidance, insights, and feedback on structuring, underwriting, and presentation of new loan requests and/or loan modifications.
a. Assist Lenders and provide feedback on loan structuring and underwriting memos in advance of loan committee to ensure optimal request for approval.
b. Provide direct oversight to Loan Program Manager, as well as oversight, guidance and training to Loan Associate(s) with regard to credit memos and support of originations team.
3. Oversee and manage the Closing and Escrow Department
a. Oversee process for construction loan advances, disbursement projections, and file management to secure collateral and validity of loan and risk exposures processed or managed within Capital Solutions.
b. Oversee the Closing and Escrow team’s management of IFF closed loans and draws under loans closed through outside counsel.
c. Establish and monitor performance metrics to support quality control, efficient processing and customer satisfaction.
d. Ensure proper booking of loan details and compliance requirements on systems.
4. In coordination with the Senior Vice President, Capital Solutions and Portfolio Management staff, supports the financial and risk goals of IFF’s Lending and capital investment business.
a. Identify product or programmatic opportunities to meet the needs of IFF target market customers and communities.
b. Ensure new products and programs incorporate the appropriate risk criteria and capital investment parameters.
c. Participate as a voting member of IFF’s internal credit committee and assess risks, mitigants and optimal structuring of individual loan requests.
5. Coordinate closely with MD Lending and Portfolio Management, Finance Department, Resource Development and other key staff to support projects and initiatives, new requests, investor and funder relationships and ongoing reporting.
6. Maintains required job knowledge and skills and core professional competencies. Attend and participate in required educational programs and staff meetings.
7. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Achievement of department lending and program goals, including specified closing metrics.
2. High level of customer satisfaction with IFF products and services.
3. Comprehensive credit memos that provide thorough credit analysis and explanation of risks and mitigants.
4. Identifies and recommends solutions to issues and problems relating to loan program implementation.
5. Cultivates a culture of openness in information sharing. Encourages open communication, cooperation, and the sharing of knowledge.
6. Models personal accountability that promotes ownership and engagement.
7. Builds and maintains effective working relationships with colleagues, peers and team members.
8. Values and supports differences in others, contributing to an inclusive work environment. Demonstrates the ability and willingness to communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to create a collaborative, collegial, and caring community.