On May 25, CDFIs from across the country are heading to Washington, DC for OFN's annual Advocacy Day. They will join OFN's public policy team to speak directly with members of Congress and their staffs about their efforts to increase access to capital in urban, rural, and Native communities.
If you are not able to attend, you can still support our advocacy efforts in DC by joining our Virtual Advocacy Day Campaign, running now through May 25.
Not an OFN Member? Here's how you can join our campaign:
- Sign up now to join our national ThunderClap Campaign
- Use the #CDFIstory hashtag in social media posts about how CDFIs create opportunities in distressed communities
- Use one of our sample social media posts from your own handle:
- CDFIs are drivers of #job creation and #economic growth. #CDFIstory https://vimeo.com/127288582 #tweetcongress
- In 2014 OFN Member #CDFIs supported #rural America through > $11MM in farm financing http://bit.ly/1VR2PSK
- This is a story about creating #opportunityforall, bit.ly/1EoUHkJ #CDFIstory
- Learn more about the #CDFIstory, and why CDFIs are essential for our #economy, #schools, #communities ofn.org
- On May 24-25 follow along on Twitter, Facebook, and our blog as we share live coverage of the event. And make sure to retweet and share our posts!